Fire door assemblies Repair: Every part of the door is important
A fire door is a very important part of any construction. It saves the spread of fire and gives you enough time to call firefighting individuals. They save a lot of economic loss as well. So, it’s very important to keep them in perfect shape. If you look at the fire door, it comprises of different parts. The frame, the central panel, handles, and joints are called assemblies of the door. If any one of them is not working properly, we cannot call your door a perfect one. Fire door assembly repair is very important to save you from fire hazards.
Repairing the frame of the door
Different kinds of door frames are used according to the rating of the door on the fire-resistant scale. However, the door frame is most important when we talk about the fire door assemblies repair. There should not be any gap between the wall and the frame. Even a minute line can make a difference. Professional make sure that frame is in good condition. They also fill gaps between walls and door frames with fire-resistant material.
Repairing door leaf
Sometimes the leaf of the door gets some holes during any construction or repairing activity. Usually, these holes are filled with two methods. Experts either install steel fasteners, filling these holes, or are filled with the same material with screws and bolts. Staff for fire door assemblies repair can decide about the suitable method according to the material of the fire door.
Repairing hinges and seals
These are very small parts of the door, but very important. If anyone of them needs repair, call experts who will repair them according to the nature of your door. The hinge will cause a problem in opening and closing, and a broken seal can make your fire door completely useless.
Whenever a repair is required, please don’t ignore it. It’s important to abide by the safety rules and the safety of your property and staff.
Building codes now require all chute doors be inspected. Chute doors are vital to your building’s and residents safety
Some of the common problems that are fire code violations:
- Broken or Missing Discharge Doors: All trash chutes are required to have a functioning “Discharge Door”. Referred to as a “guillotine” door) is designed to close automatically in the event of a fire.
- Broken or Damaged Trash and Linen Doors: All doors that act as trash or linen intake doors must be fire-rated. They must also self-close and self-latch, to prevent smoke and flame from escaping through them.
A.H.S provides all the trash chute parts, repairs, and maintenance needed:
- UL-rated, self-closing, self-latching stainless steel trash & Linen chute doors.
- Replacement Parts – T-Handles; Thumb Latch Assemblies; Latch Bolts; Hydraulic & Gas-Shock Closers, Discharge Doors, Fusible Links and Springs.
- Complete trash chute door service to lubricate & Adjust doors; tighten all hardware; treat with anti-corrosive spray to inhibit rusting, fusible link and discharge door checks for proper working condition.
- On-going maintenance and inspection.
Request a Callback
Error: Contact form not found.